I am so bad at this blog game. It has been such a long time since I last
wrote… I need to work on it. :P I
seriously over estimated myself this semester and kinda don’t have as much time
for life as I am used to but I am so glad!
Since it has kinda sorta been since the beginning of August since I
wrote I guess the intention of this blog post could be to update ya’ll
(Celeste) on my life. Celeste, why are
you having me do this? You know
everything that is going on with me...
Except about my great man friend.
We will have to talk. ;) But before ya’ll get too excited, I am
exceedingly single/engaged. Take your
pick. ;)
Both. Anyhows, here is where my
life is at these days…
I am addicted to service.
It is so wonderful. I have gotten
more involved with the Student Support.
The Student Support program here at BYU-Idaho is incredible. I love it so, so much! Celeste, when you are back in the ‘Burg we
are getting you involved with everything.
It will change your life. So
since outside of school and homework and Church Student Support is my
life. Elaboration time…
This semester I have gotten super involved with the Student Representative
Council (SRC) here at BYU-Idaho. I am a
council representative and I just love it so much. I can honestly say that it has changed my
life and I have become a person greater than I could have imagined myself
becoming from a single semester at school.
I sit on the Student Services Council and the Honor Advisory Council and
represent the students. I also work on
Bright Ideas submitted by BYU-Idaho students about ways to improve the
school. I have written three University
Responses which are official declarations of the school that give reasons why
things are happening the way they are happening. I get to meet with school administrators and
my love and respect for them has grown so much!
I love it so much! And, I work
with some of the greatest people that I have ever met in my entire life. I have gotten to know the Student Body
President and Vice President super good and if you are a BYU-Idaho student you
should get to know them because they are angels! I have been so changed by the remarkable
people I have met.
At the beginning of the semester I helped with Get Connected
which is the freshmen orientation program here at BYU-Idaho and, yes, this is
part of Student Support. It was so great
for me and I loved it so I decided that I would get more involved with this
program and I am so grateful that I did!
I am a mentor for the I Team Leaders and I Reps so I am essentially the
mentors of the new student’s mentors. I
get to meet once every couple weeks and have a wonderful gospel discussion and
it is great.
Another Student Support-y thing that I am doing this semester
is that I am on the I Night committee. I
Night is part of Get Connected and it is pretty much a big party for thousands
of people that I am helping to plan. It
is great fun. Man, I just love Student
Support! :)
I am the vice president of NSTA. To be completely truthful, I don’t really
know what NSTA stands for… Maybe National
Science Teachers of America… I don’t
know but that sounds good. ;) I send emails on occasion and give my opinion
about different things but, hey, it looks great on resumes and scholarship
applications, right?
Oh yeah, I also participate in Rec Sports which is great
fun! I love it! I am the ward dodgeball coach and it is super
fun! My team is great! My roommate and lovely friend Lillian, my
darling sister Katie, another wonderful girl who is hopefully getting her
mission call this week! And a bunch of boys…
Wonderful boys! (Celeste, we will
talk later… ;) About these wonderful boys.)
Why am I posting this for the world to see? We should pray that certain people don’t read
this or my life could get super awkward.
I am also on the ward volleyball team and I love it! It is so great to have a couple nights each
week where I can forget about homework and life and go through balls at
people. That sounds vicious but I
actually just really like spending time with my friends.
Here is another thing I do.
Each Sunday I go Stadium Singing which is a great spiritual relief to
me! I love it so much! I usually go with my SRC friends and then
having a hot chocolate party after but last week I went with my guy friends
from the ward ;) and Lillian and had a blast.
Tons and tons of fun. Stadium
singing is so great!
Oh, I thought of another story… I am engaged.
Celeste, you may be the only person to hear this story… And, I am okay with that. :) We
will talk later. :) Maybe I will message you after my homework… I will have to see. We talked about our wedding last Saturday and
decided that things like this take more planning. Ya’ll will be invited when it happens
though. :)
What else? I love
serving and volunteering and need to learn how to say no. My life would be much easier if I was better
at that. Yeah, maybe someday. I think I really overestimated myself this
semester and didn’t leave much time for sleep or eating. I should probably go grocery shopping since
it has been a few weeks but I just don’t have time. It is kinda silly, I don’t have time to shop
so I am kinda have very little food so dinner tonight consisted of a couple
lasagna noodles with tomato soup as sauce.
Hahaa, I am such a gourmet chef…
Oh yeah, another thing…
I decided (or the Lord decided and told me) that I should live in
Rexburg during the winter. I am super
excited and am planning on doing a lot of stuff! I made a list of everything that I want to
get involved in and it is kinda a dozen-ish items long so I may not have much
free time next semester either but, hey, at least no homework! That will be so glorious! I “strategically” planned all my classes for
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and am feeling it now as I stay up late on
Tuesdays and Thursdays doing homework.
:P I have learned my lesson.
The final thing to share tonight of my life is how blessed I
feel. When people ask me how I am doing
I either say “I’m happy” or “I’m blessed” because they are both so true! My life is so fulfilling right now and I
truly believe that God has opened the windows of Heaven to bless me because
life has never been so wonderful. Every day
is such a wonderful day and I can think of two bad days that I have had in the
last seven months… And, they were funny
bad days, not even bad bad days. I am
truly so blessed though! I am preparing
to serve a mission. I have the best
friends in the world. I am surrounded by
people who make me better (man friend ;)
) Celeste, do you like all the alluding
I have to this man friend? I am so
excited for you to meet him in January because he is great! Very, very great! ;)
Hahaa, for you people who aren’t Celeste, this man friend and I are just
good friends. Very, very good
friends. We are very open with each
other and I feel really blessed that I know him because he makes me a better
person. I finally understand the
principle of dating and marrying above yourself and how two people can marry
each other and both marry above themselves.
Celeste, we will talk. ;) Anyhows, I must do homework so I hope you
enjoyed reading about my life and casual
mentions of my man friend. Now, we just
pray he doesn’t read my blog or else I may blush. :)
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment