I am sleepy and I don’t want to do homework so I am
justifying writing on my blogo as a good excuse to take a break from it. Juana hear a sad story? I was on campus for over a dozen hours
today. Who does that? I do that apparently. Anyhows, life is so good and I am really
blessed. Really busy, really tired,
really overworked, but really blessed.
So, as I type I am watching an old vhs of Mulan and wearing sock monkey footie
pajamas. Yeah, life is good. I want to share a lesson with ya’ll.. A lesson that has probably changed my life
this semester that, I know if applied, can change your life too… Haha, I am gonna get all Mormon on you now… Share some scriptures and how they have
shaped my life. Hopefully it all makes
sense to you because I have it connected in my mind. J
In SRC we chose a scripture to be kind of our motto and we
memorized it and recited it each week. The
scripture is 3 Nephi 11:15 and I just love it!
“And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their
hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in
his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone
forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know
of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the
prophets that should come.” So, the
background of the scripture is that Jesus Christ has been resurrected and went
to visit the Nephite people in the Americas.
When he went to the Americas he took the time to meet with every single
person. If Jesus Christ gave each person
one minute of His time it would have taken 35 hours for every person to feel
the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet and to truly know that He
was Jesus Christ, the Savior of mankind.
The part that is so incredible to me is the people went forth “one by
one.” Like Jesus Christ, we have the
power to reach out and touch the one through our simple acts of service. Let’s go to scripture numero dos.
These two scriptures are kind of my motto, I would say… They are Doctrine and Covenants
58:27-28. “Verily I say, men should be anxiously
engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring
to pass much righteousness; for the power is in them.” Isn’t that so incredible? “The power is in them.” The power is in each of us to change the
world. To reach out and minister to the
one. We, as children of God who know our
divine worth and potential should be anxiously engaged in this great work
because we have the power to change the world by reaching out to the one. “The power is in them…” I really like that.
Scripture 3: I found this one yesterday in my scripture
study and I love it. Abraham
1:18-19. “Behold, I will lead thee by my
hand, and I will take thee, to put upon thee my name, even the Priesthood of
thy father and my power shall be over thee…
through thy ministry my name shall be known in the earth forever, for I
am thy God.” God is leading us in our
service and, as we follow Him and do what we are supposed to do, we will take
His name upon us will have His power. It
is mostly the last little bit that really touches me. As I serve those around me and find the one
person whose life I can touch, God will be glorified and He will be known for
goodness eternally, through me. This is
getting really random. Maybe I will do
one more and then stop... And
sleep. These scriptures kinda relate to
the past ones but they are a set of scriptures truly changed my life… Here is my story…
I have a good friend named Laura. I was visiting with Laura one day and she
suggested that we room together next semester.
I said that I couldn’t because I had signed a contract and paid rent and
everything already so she said that maybe in the spring we could and to pray
about it. I totally forgot about it that
night but the next night I remembered and was saying my night prayer and talked
about my future and the spring semester and what to do with my life and
everything and the Spirit told me to read my scriptures… Since it was late I pulled out my ipod and
clicked on the scripture app and the chapter that it opened up to was Doctrine
and Covenants 4 which, as you may know, is the classic missionary chapter… So, I started reading it: “Now behold, a
marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men. Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of
God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that
ye may stand blameless before God at the last day. Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye
are called to the work…” Anyhows, the
Spirit kind of hit me in the head with a two by four and told me that I was
being called to the work and that the Lord was ready for my service and I
needed to prepare and go on a mission.
So, missionary service has kind of been on my mind lately and I am
preparing to serve a mission. Anyhows,
in my ward missionary prep. class the teacher man told us about his friend who
works at the taco bus and he told us out homework was to get to know this guy
and get him to church so we went to the taco bus and met him and became his
friend and he said he would come with us last week to Church but he was in Pocatello
but hopefully this week he will come!
Isn’t that great! I love serving
people and trying to reach the one. I
just have so many experiences where I have followed the Spirit to talk to a
person or to visit a person or to go to some random place and how through these
experiences when I reached “the one” I was really growing and it was really my
life that was touched. I am so grateful
for the opportunities that have been placed in my life where I can be an angel
in someone’s life. That was a random tangent… Anyhows, I should get back to my homework or
go to bed or something… But, life is so
good and I am so happy! The Church is
true! Heavenly Father loves each of us
and has a plan for each of us! People
are placed in our lives that we can touch and as we utilize these opportunities
to reach the one we can grow.
Grace, I have a testimony that the things that you have said are true, especially as I have seen you become an instrument in the Lord's hand and serve others. You really are an angel :) I have a scriptures that reminds me of you. 2 Nephi 25:23 "For we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" ;) okay that part was kind of a joke but I like vs. 29 in the same chapter that says "And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out." I love the idea of submitting ourselves wholly and completely to him because we are trusting him with the greatest gift He has given us- our agency. Anyway, just thought I would throw in my 2 cents and say thanks for your wonderful blog! It was a great way to start my morning!
ReplyDeleteAhww, Celestial! That made me really happy to read! Those are remarkable scriptures! :) Truly fantastic! Thanks for sharing with me! Man Celestial thanks for being such an example to me! And, I am glad it made your morning. :)
ReplyDelete