The End!
Thursday, June 21, 2012
The Deep Thinking Elementary Schooler in Me
I am in love with Pinterest. It is wonderful. Anyhows, as I was on Pinterest one day I came across a quote that read "Life is about using the whole box of crayons." I really liked this quote and I thought to myself "Grace, that is an amazing quote because it is so true." I think it is because it is about crayons and I love elementary school. A day or so later I shared the quote with one of my friends and she replied "What does that even mean." I didn't know what to say. Isn't it obvious? I just stood there, lowered my head, turned around, and walked away... Just kidding, I really didn't do that. I told her that it was about living life to the fullest. Do you get that from my quote or am I just crazy? Don't answer that. :) Here is my interpretation of that quote as applied to life. Life is truly wonderful but life is only good if you make it worth living by experiencing different things. We need all of the crayons in the box to make a lovely picture just like we need a whole bunch of different experiences in life to make it worth living. I won't be able to color a perfect picture just with red or yellow or blue, but I need all the colors. Similarly, I won't be able to live a good fulfilled life if all of my time is spent sitting in the classroom at school (haha, I want to be a teacher...) or playing tennis or reading "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People." (I love that book, by the way...) Anyhows, all of the experiences that life throws at us (bad and good) create a perfect life just like all the crayons (black included) create a lovely picture. That is why "Life is about using the whole box of crayons."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's what I get from it. I really like it too, but then, I'm an artist so colors, pictures, art analogies all apeal to me.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I love it! It makes me happy! Yeah for crayons! :)
ReplyDelete