Thursday, February 2, 2012

Top Five Pet Peeves

Happy Groundhogs Day! Six more weeks of winter! If it is anything like the last six weeks I don't know if I will able to make it through to spring... Just kidding, the weather here is beautiful! I forgot it was winter today so I didn't wear a coat when I left for Institute at five. It was nice then but by the time I got home at ten it was freezing. I am taking three Institute classes and they are sooooooo good. Quick awesome story time. One of my Institute classes is a special needs class and it was the best. Actually, two quick stories times, I am going to back up a little bit... At the high school I went to there were a couple of boys that had down syndrome who are truly two of the most amazing guys I ever met. One of the boys, Aaron, graduated when I was a freshman and the other, Kyle graduated the year after me. These two guys are best friends and do everything together. Last summer or early fall the two of them were called to serve as missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the seminary building at the school we all graduated from. The two of them went through the temple prior to the start of their missions, they have their snazzy name badges, and they go to zone conferences. They help out teachers and greet students. I just think it is super neat! I love the Church! Story two is about Aaron. It is kinda random, but really neat! Aaron is truly one of the most spiritual, humble guys I have ever met. He goes to my Institute class and I love hearing his comments because of all that I learn from him. So, here is the story. One time Aaron was sharing his testimony of how blessed he is in his life that the Lord gave him two arms and two legs because he sees other handicap people that don't have two arms or two legs and how hard life can be for them. He thought that his "handicap" was simple compared to others and he is grateful for how much God has blessed him in giving him such an easy life. Isn't that so neat? It really made me think. A man, only a few years older than me that has down syndrome bore his testimony how blessed he was by the Lord for having a life so simple and free from "hard handicaps." I truly am so, so blessed and I take so much for granted in my life like two working legs and two working arms. I love Institute! Back to my five pet peeves. I don't really know if I have pet peeves so, lets see!


5. Soccer mamas that drive their mini vans and cut me off when I am picking up my little brother from middle school. (No, I bare no animosity towards them... :) )


4. Having to do other peoples dishes when they didn't rinse them off and stuff. I think it is nasty...


3. People who feel that they are entitled to everything or think they are always right.


2. People (AKA my siblings) that decide to take the same book that I am reading to read for themselves because then they hog it and I can't read it 24/7.


1. Not having chap stick!!! I am slightly addicted! I have to put it on every night before bed or else I probably can't sleep. I actually don't know because it doesn't happen. I also put it on throughout the day.


Yeah, those can be my top five pet peeves. The only real one is number uno though! I love chap stick! I should go to bed though... Nighty night!


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment