1. You can tell a lot about a person simply by if they want raisins on their cinnamon roll. Older people generally ask for raisins. Young people are horrified of the thought of raisins on their cinnamon roll. I actually talked about this on facebook and the suggestion of the extra fiber in raisins was mentioned. I suppose that this could make sense and everything... Old people need their fiber. My philosophy is that they like raisins because they are super wrinkly like themselves. Maybe it is their justification for eating a cinnamon roll... "It has fruit in it, that makes it healthy." Yeah, if you want healthy food you probably shouldn't eat a cinnamon roll.
~I prefer raisin-less cinnamon rolls. In this case I am still young. If it came down to it though, I would be able to tolerate eating a cinnamon roll with raisins. From this it can be inferred that I am youthful at heart but when it comes down to it I can be a mature person.
2. At the bakery I work at we are supposed to offer people extra frosting when they purchase a cinnamon roll. You can again tell a lot about a person by if they accept the extra frosting. People that refuse the extra frosting are generally more optimistic. They accept life as it is. They are not looking for something to complete their lives. They are content. The people that accept the extra frosting are looking for something in their life. They want a fresh start or just something extra. This can be good though, these people are generally the people who are willing to go out in life and make discoveries. This is good but extra frosting people are never really content.
~ I would refuse the extra frosting. (We pretty much load it on.) This shows that I am content with life as it is. We sell day old cinnamon rolls and if I were to get one of those, I would get extra frosting though... Pretty much to make it look more palatable... This means that I am able to be optimistic about the present but if life is to mundane I look for an outside source that will spice up my life.
3. We sell a variety of different cinnamon roll type products at my work. They are all yummy (I assume even though I haven't tried them all...) but they cost different prices. Our cheapest things are mini cinnamon and fruit rolls. They are like normal cinnamon and fruit rolls but smaller. Equally delicious, but less lasting. Cinnamon twists are more expensive then minis. They are tasty but not as big and magnificent as other things. Cinnamon rolls are next up in price followed by fruit rolls. I have never tried fruit rolls but they look really good. The most expensive dessert item we have is caramel nut rolls. I had part of one of these once and it was super good! So, what you are willing to pay in life is what you are going to get. If you want to be cheap, by a mini. Your joy will last as long as the half minute it takes you to eat. (That is an estimate, I haven't actually had one...) Or, you can pay more and get a caramel roll and longer lasting joy. The choice is up to you, what you pay is what you get.
~ On occasion I might be willing to pay for a tasty treat at work but I most likely will settle for the twist. I suppose that it is since I am a college student living on a college student budget. I am willing to compromise quality for price. This can potentially be good but I should be willing to pay the extra money for a better thing cause what you pay is what you get and I am getting mediocrity. :P
4. At work we also offer to heat up cinnamon rolls so they are nice and warm for customers. Some people (obviously) say yes, and some (obviously) say no. The people that say yes to nuking it are willing to take bigger, many times dangerous risks in life. They get in hot situations that test and try them but in the end it usually ends well. People that refuse to have their cinnamon roll warmed up generally want to play life safely. They are happy with the cinnamon roll or life as it is and they don't want to risk getting in a hot situation.
~ I think cinnamon rolls taste best warm so I am a person that would nuke it in the microwave ("for no longer than 30 seconds.") I think life is best when lived to the fullest so I would definitely take risks in my life and hope for the best (super delicious cinnamon roll) as compared to the worst (Styrofoam plate melting or burning your mouth or something.) The risks in life make life far sweeter if you are willing to take them.
5. A final lesson learned from cinnamon rolls is whether or not to get a fresh cinnamon roll or a day old cinnamon roll. Most people choose fresh cinnamon rolls. These are the people that are living life in the present and are looking forward to the future. They are seemingly more happy that those who get the day old cinnamon rolls. People that get the day old cinnamon rolls usually focus on the past and there is something in their lives that is stopping them from embracing the present and preparing for the future. Once they learn not to settle for the old cinnamon rolls or their past lives, they will be much more happy.
~ If I got a cinnamon roll, I would definitely get a fresh cinnamon roll. This shows that I am living in the present and preparing for the future in my daily actions. I am able to get beyond the past and move forward.
Yeah, that was pretty cheesy... It was kinda fun to write though... I am going to go to work tomorrow ready to see what I can interpret about people from their cinnamon roll consumption. I play another game at work too... I look at a person about to order a sandwich and I guess what they are going to put on it. "You look like a banana pepper type of man..." So, yeah, life is good. I wrote on my blog. I have to be to work again in nine hours so I should get ready for bed!
The End!
Gracious. I have to admit I am a day old kind of cinnamon role person. :P Am I living in the past?! Yikes! Just joking. I just wanted you to know that you are amazing and I'm grateful you blogged :D
ReplyDeleteHehe, we were roommates in the past. That is probably why. :) Just kidding, the day old cinnamon rolls aren't as pretty as the fresh ones but I am sure they are equally yummy!
Delete